Researching demographics for my story.

In our media 2 modules, we were introduced to target demographics. Considering the fact that the ability to target the right demographics plays a massive role in the success of one's carrier, I will outline my own target audience. 


According to what we learned in class it's important to consider the following: Demographics, Sociographics, Psychographics, Geographics, and Behaviours.


To better understand my target audience I did a bit more research on my own. According to Sitar (2019), it's important to think about how my stories or ideas will resonate with the life of the reader and what are they looking for. Also, Reedsyblog (2016), suggests that there is a great chance that my reader will be similar to me. Therefore it is important to think about myself when I think of my target audience.  

Using Canva, I outlined the demographics of my target audience (see below), In later posts, I will try to consider Sociographics and so on.







References:

Sitar, D., 2019. Who Is Your Target Audience? Use This Simple Trick to Figure Out If They Actually Exist. [online] Writer's Digest. Available at: <https://www.writersdigest.com/publishing-faqs/does-your-target-audience-exist-use-this-simple-trick-to-figure-it-out> [Accessed 25 May 2021].

reedsyblog, 2016. How to Identify a Target Audience for Your Book in 3 Steps. Available at: <https://blog.reedsy.com/3-steps-reaching-target-audience/> [Accessed 25 May 2021].

Comments

  1. Very good. Maybe add a paragraph at the end explaining how you gathered this information exactly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ferris Bueller's Day Off 1986

Development of my project