SMART Ideas generation

  For this Literature project in my digital arts class, I want to write a short story about a man struggling to keep himself warm.  Both physically and mentally. Possibly a tragedy. I'm thinking about 2000 words long or just a little bit under. It just happened to be that a couple weeks ago my boiler broke, therefore, I had two weeks of research on this topic. I will use my experience to design the protagonist of the story as I can still feel my body shiver. I might use a plot structure called ''In medias res'', I'm going to jump straight into the action, let's say the story will take place on the 7th day of 14 days in the cold. Nightgowns and apathy. Possibly leaning towards emotional disruption, loneliness. I will write the first draft by hand and then upload it to my laptop using Microsoft word to work on it further. 

A bit more of research on other writers work that carries a similar idea. 

No Door by Thomas Wolfe

''A man talks about how he has soent much of his life alone"


A clean well-lighted place - Ernest Hemingway

"An old man sits alone in a cafe and drinks, as is his custom. Two wauters talk about the man's life and wish he would go home.


References:

https://www.unz.com/print/Scribners-1933jul-00007

https://gutenberg.ca/ebooks/hemingwaye-winnertakenothing/hemingwaye-winnertakenothing-00-h.html#story02acleanwelllightedplace




Comments

  1. A bit more research is needed so that you can discuss this in project sign off - look at the art of the short story and authors that have used this method

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ferris Bueller's Day Off 1986

Development of my project