Critically evaluating my website

 

Planning stage:

What were your initial ideas for creating a website? style/name/template - My initial ideas choosing style, name, and template was to make my website look professional and represent my academic pathway to literature.

Do you have tagline on your website? - I also created a tagline for my website.

Research:

Which designers/ artist (relevant to your continuation route) websites did you look for inspiration? - I looked at couple of websites to get inspired one of them was by Neil Gaiman and James Patterson.

How many pages did you want to make on your website and why? did that change as you progressed onto the research/designing stage? I want to make 3 pages, the main page, the about me page, and my portfolio as it is enough to show my work. Even after research, I feel like it's enough for now.

Content:

What is the purpose of your website? The purpose of my website is to show my work and my ability to use the digital art skills I learned in class.

Who are your potential website users - People interested in literature.

Why do you think it is important to have a digital portfolio website? - To have a bigger reach and attract an audience for your work, also it could be used as a CV while looking for a job.

 Design:

Which design elements/tools did you use? (e.g : infographics, fixed header,s static background image, navigation menu design, text boxes, image galleries, social media feed) and why?  -   I used static image background to make my website more personal. I added "contact me" form so potential audience could contact me if needed, also I created an image galleries to show off my work. I created links to my social media in case audience is curious to learn more about me and what I do. 

 Which template did you use in Wix and why? I used template called ''Storyteller CV" I liked the layout and it goes with what I want to do in the future so I can keep this website as my professional one. 

    How many pages does your website have and why? My website has 3 pages as it all I need to showoff my work and introduce myself.

 

Navigation:

   Does your website have working social media icon links? Yes, it has working Instagram and Facebook links

      Are your pages connected / interlinked? My pages ar connected. 

      Is it easy to navigate? In my opinion, I find my website clear and easy to navigate 

      Does the “Contact” page / email link work? I tested it out and it works.

 

Testing (this will be completed in week nine):

       UX (user experience) testing – get your blog buddy to view your website on their mobile or other digital platform.

       Ask your blog buddy for feedback on your blog.

       If your website is not working on a mobile platform, you will need to go back to the Wix Editor and check that you have enabled the mobile view.


Comments

  1. Potential visitors should be employers, universities etc this is your portfolio of work and it should raise your online profile as a writer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ferris Bueller's Day Off 1986

Development of my project